|bus ride to Fengxian Campus|
|Happy Birthday Kassi!!!|
|officially a foreign expert.|
|wrong turns lead me here…gotta love a PB
Just for Sarah and Brit…
City wanderings…lots of laughter~
|these ladies…great friends|
|Faces of trying new things…|
|grad school…halfway thru this semester!!!|
|Allllll of the LIGHTS!|
|Thai Food with a friend…Cheers~|
Thursday, October 8th
1. First day back teaching from Vacation= sleepy students.
2. I discovered how to order wine through an app directly to my door. I even got a free “mystery” bottle for free. And the delivery man was so nice. Thank you to Bottles XO…for existing.
3. Yesterday a friend and I ate Thai food, drank coffee at Yvonne’s Cafe, and got nails done…and did grad school homework. It was such a good girls day.
4. On my way home yesterday my motorcycle man (I have a crew…it even got translated that if I need anything to let him know…sweetest!) taught me a few words…like bicycle, bus, and motorcycle in Chinese…I need remember these!
5. Happy Birthday to my Mom on October 6th!!! So glad you got your beautiful flowers…but really wish we could be drinking wine and eating your German Chocolate Cake together. Love you.
6. These are scattered thoughts, but the other day a group of us traveled, toured, and completed observations for an Ethnographic assignment in the city of Suzhou. It was really fun! (See photos below!) Is it so bad that my paper was an extravagant scrapbook?..dear professor, I’m a scrapbook pro…you should see my works from high school… “grad school seriously be like” wine and 1997 Usher music…Because his voice and wine get me through… And my kids love the fun I plan as noted in their Learning Journals.
7. You know you have high expectations of your students and they know that when they have “disappointed” you and apologize to you in their learning journals. *tear jerker* Communication students. Communication.
|this time last year… missing my Korean bests!|
|Hearts lady! and Happy Anniversary!
Can’t believe I was in Boston celebrating with you last year! XX
Saturday October 10th
my list continues..
8. I’m becoming an “I” pro. Integrate, implement, instigate, imagine…(I must say..these words are brilliant smart sounding words!)
9. Another assignment posted. And now to “get ahead.” Thank you Evening Chill Spotify music, Sherpas delivery man, and a Fall breeze coming through the window…I will be productive tonight.
10. I feel like I comment a lot about food, wine, weather, music, and grad school assignments…but that’s really my life right now, I wish I could apologize, but I can’t! 🙂
11. Oh yes. And I got turned around the other day. Subway station fail. I mixed up Shanghai Railway Station with Shanghai South Railway Station…Both on Line 3. Oops. Got off to get my usual motorbike home. And I wondered why the cab and motorcycle drivers laughed at me when I said no to their fares…One showed me on my metro map where I was. Basically at the Bund. Miles from home. I finally bargained my way from 100 Yuan to 70 Yuan…at that point it was late and riding the Metro seemed like a daunting task.
A Day in Suzhou…
|these ladies…getting through grad school
and experiencing China life together!
|Humble Administrator’s Gardens|
|spicy beans and taro sweet potato cakes|
|Change Your Life
|fast train scenes|
|Map of the City Center|
|View outside Metro|
|Suzhou Tour Group!|
|Seeing SH at night by Taxi|