|Namaste yoga hands at the temple…reflecting on 2013
photo taken on New Year’s Day 2014
December 28th 2013
I’m a planner so with only 3 days til the New Year I’m already making my list of goals and things I want to accomplish in the upcoming year. 2014’s motto: looking at life from a different perspective. Seeing things from a different angle, a different lights, from others’ eyes, and my own. Upside down, in a new language, a new country, and with new goals in mind. Healthier and happier. So here’s a snapshot of some of the “resolutions,”/ goals for 2014.
1. 30 Day Green Smoothie Challenge. I plan on blogging my recipes. Stay tuned.
2. Muffintop-less Fit Body 12 Week program…in addition to yoga 7 days a week and continuing my running progress.
3. Learn Basic Mandarin Conversation and Grammar.
4. Apply to grad school or devise a further education plan.
5. Improve my self-discipline and stop procrastinating!
6. Explore Taiwan more. (Go to new cafes or restaurants and new towns each month)
…Just to name a few!
Tried a new restauant and cafe with my friend Yvonne. We did some magic guessing at the random corner shop as the menu was all in Chinese…our food was so good on this chilly Sunday! (She can recognize a few characters as simplified Chinese is somewhat similar to traditional. Her parents are from Hong Kong.) Walked around the neighborhood, got dessert and pizza later as neither of us had eaten all day.
Cheers to the last day of 2013! The sun’s out…beautiful run and morning. Met with my Mandarin tutor and she is so much fun already; I can’t wait for classes to begin next week.
|She was so excited I wore bright pink
so she could recognize me! 🙂
STRAWBERRY, BANANA, BLUEBERRY
1 c. spinach
2/3 c. water
1/2 c strawberries
1/2 c blueberries
JANUARY 1st 2014!!!!
|sunrise New Year’s Day|
|I’ve made big strides since gaining 13 lbs in Chile.|
|I’ll take it! 😉|
|Sunshine on my run!|
1. Woke up and went to the breakfast shop around the corner for a sandwich. Made coffee.
2. Talked with Allison and Lori. (4 WEEKS and counting til she comes to Taiwan!)
3. Yoga class. Morning sunshine through the windows. Lovely.
4. Learned a new word: 新年快樂 (Xīnnián kuàilè)… Happy New Year!!!
5. New Music to start the year:
6. Attempted to teach my family how to say Happy New Year in Chinese. Love their humor.
7. Went for a 45 minute run in a tank top and shorts; this first day of 2014 is beautiful…sunny, clear blue skies, and 75 degrees!!!
8. Tea time with co-teachers
9. Body Combat and Dancing Yoga with gym friends tonight.
10. Green Smoothie #3:
|We love tea time!|